CoolSys is the parent company of market-leading operating businesses that provide a full spectrum of best-in-class service experiences and solutions to the retail, commercial, and industrial refrigeration and HVAC industries.
The CoolSys corporate brand was developed to unite a growing family of refrigeration & HVAC operating brands into one family while providing strategic guidance and leadership, ensuring that collectively, the CoolSys operating brands are providing great value and a best-in-class experience to each of their customers.
CoolSys operating brands have long, extensive histories of serving customers in the commercial refrigeration & HVAC industry with some having roots in the industry for more than half a century. Collectively, our operating brands have over 150 years of industry experience.
The CoolSys leadership team consists of experienced and successful senior executives, each who have proven track records with market-leading, customer-centric businesses.
Adam Coffey – President and Chief Executive Officer
Adam is known for building strong employee centered cultures and managing in fast-growth environments. Over the last 19 years, he has been President and CEO of three different national service companies, all in different industries. Adam is a former GE executive, a Veteran of the US Army and is a graduate of the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) Executive Program in Management as well as GE’s John F. Welch Leadership Academy.
Ed Dunlap – Chief Financial Officer
Ed joined CoolSys as Chief Financial Officer in mid-2019. He is a senior executive with extensive global experience in finance, international operations, retail, manufacturing and branding, with a broad background working in public, private equity, turnaround and startup environments. His prior experience includes managing large-scale operations of multi-billion dollar enterprises across multiple locations and markets with particular acumen at driving growth and entry into new markets across both Fortune 100 and smaller organizations, including PepsiCo, GAP, Whole Foods, RJR Nabisco, BF Goodrich and Shaklee. Ed has a BA in Economics from Reed College, and an MBA from The University of Chicago, Booth School of Business.
Chris Schulken – Chief Operating Officer
Chris joined CoolSys as COO in late 2020 and oversees day-to-day administrative and operational functions at CoolSys, while also serving as a member of the executive management team focused on growth. Originally from the New York area, Chris began his career working on ship HVAC systems while attending Maritime College, State University of New York. He subsequently joined York International, where he oversaw multiple regions across the U.S. When York was acquired by Johnson Controls, Inc. (JCI) and later when JCI merged with Tyco, he played an instrumental role in these integrations. Once the Tyco merger was complete, he assumed responsibility for the $ 1.7 billion Northeast Territory of JCI. Chris holds a B.E. in electrical engineering from Maritime College, State University of New York, and an M.B.A. from George Washington University.
Burton Hong – Executive Vice President, Secretary and General Counsel (Registered In-House Counsel in California)
Burton (“Burt”) Hong joins us as our first General Counsel and Executive Vice President. For the past 9 years, Burt has been the General Counsel for Park Energy Group, which owns several companies that provide construction services and products for safe, reliable projects and facilities all around the United States. Prior to that, Burt was a securities litigator in Texas and Washington D.C. at two major law firms working on high profile cases like the Enron collapse and other insider trading matters. Burt graduated from the Georgetown University Law Center in 2001 and from Rice University in 1996.
Mike Ochoa – Executive Vice President, Sales and Marketing
Mike is a Sales and Marketing executive with over 32 years of ever-increasing responsibility in a variety of industries. Prior to CoolSys, Mike served over 6 years on the executive team at Source after holding the position of Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Master Halco, North America’s leading fencing products company. Mike also spent 10 years in Sales and Marketing leadership positions with The Toro Company, as well as Foamex International, Sunrise Medical, Inc., and Bausch & Lomb. He holds a BA in Economics and Accounting from Claremont McKenna College, and an MBA from the Peter Drucker School of Management at the Claremont Graduate University, both in Claremont, CA.
Beth Goldstein – Chief Human Resources Officer
Beth Goldstein is the Chief Human Resources Officer for CoolSys and is responsible for the strategic leadership of all aspects of Human Resources. Beth brings over 25 years of Human Capital experience, working with a variety of private and public companies at all stages of their growth cycle. She has a demonstrated track record of developing strong organizational cultures and a comprehensive leadership platform. Prior to joining Source, Beth founded her own consulting practice and previously was the Senior Vice President of Human Resources for Smile Brands Inc. Beth studied Psychology at California State University and is a graduate of the University of Michigan Human Resources Executive Program.
JAMIE WILLIAMS – Chief Information and Technology Officer
Jamie is responsible for developing and executing the Coolsys information technology vision and strategy. Prior to joining Coolsys, Jamie was the Chief Information Officer at Alterra Mountain Company. Before Alterra, Jamie spent nearly two decades in telecommunications as Chief Information Officer at Roger’s Communications Inc, a Canadian communications and media company, and worked for Sprint for over 15 years where he held a variety of technology leadership positions of increasing responsibility. He started his career in software development after earning a Bachelor of Science in Physics at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and a Master of Science in Information Systems Technology from George Washington University.
Bryan Beitler – Vice President, Engineering
Bryan Beitler’s career includes 37+ years of experience in refrigeration and HVAC design, sales, energy, and operations support for businesses focused on grocery retail, cold storage, process refrigeration, and other mission-critical systems. His experience is highly technical, managing engineering services and manufacturing of refrigeration equipment, providing direct sales support to select customers, as well as operations and Energy Optimization Services support. He holds a degree in Engineering Technology with emphasis on refrigeration and HVAC from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, Calif.
DAVID HENDRIX – VICE PRESIDENT, Sales
Dave joined CoolSys as the VP of Sales in 2019. He previously held sales leadership positions of increasing responsibility at one of the largest business services companies in the world, Rentokil Initial. Throughout his tenure, Dave was responsible for transforming the sales organization’s go to market strategy and overall structure, which resulted in dramatic profitable growth. As VP of Sales at Coolsys, Dave is responsible for driving profitable revenue growth via our account management, business development, and sales enablement functions.
FRED STOCKERT – VICE PRESIDENT, Operations
Fred joined CoolSys in 2003 as an entry level technician after leaving the Marine Corps. After holding many leadership roles within CoolSys Fred left to work for an international manufacture of refrigeration equipment as a senior leader in their aftermarket services. In late 2016 Fred came back to CoolSys and is currently the VP of Operations. Fred is responsible for the creation of a new department to create synergies between the sales and field operations. As the VP of Operations at CoolSys, Fred will be accountable for the creation and management of organizational Key Performance Metrics to meet our customers’ needs and exceed expectations.
About Our Brands
CoolSys and our operating companies combine nearly 150 years of superior service to cover every stage of mission-critical refrigeration and HVAC Systems. Together we serve customers across the nation with some of the most highly trained technicians, sales, and operations personnel. Discover our top-notch companies and what they bring to the CoolSys team.
THE COOLSYS FAMILY OF OPERATING COMPANIES
- ABC Refrigeration & HVAC provides fabrication, installation, service & maintenance of mission-critical refrigeration and HVAC systems for commercial customers in 8 states across the Northeast.
- Agape HVAC, Refrigeration and Plumbing offers a wide range of services to benefit your unique business needs and provide high efficiency solutions that offer high optimum levels of performance from your building’s systems.
- Arjae HVAC and Mechanical Services specializes in HVAC installation, service & maintenance, and the full-service fabrication of aluminum, galvanized steel, stainless steel, carbon steel and copper for a broad range of commercial and industrial projects.
- BRR Refrigeration is a commercial refrigeration and HVAC contractor focusing mainly on service and installation of supermarkets, convenience store refrigeration, and cold storage facilities.
- Building Air Services (BAS) offers a central dispatch that stands by ready to serve with friendly professionals equipped with the latest in GPS truck-tracking and wireless/paperless communications to bring you state-of-the-art service with all the efficiencies and economies demanded in today’s world.
- Carolina Refrigeration Services is headquartered in Lexington, SC and is a Licensed Refrigeration, HVAC company specializing in Commercial, Industrial and Supermarket Refrigeration service.
- Certified Refrigeration & Mechanical (CRM) offers service solutions at the local level to meet our customer’s refrigeration, HVAC and food service equipment repair and maintenance needs across the state of Wisconsin.
- CoolSys Energy Design is a market-leading consulting engineering firm providing single-source MEPR engineering analysis and design for both new and existing building remodels.
- CoolSys Energy Solutions specializes in the full-spectrum of energy optimization services for high-usage commercial clients, such as supermarkets, data supercenters, light industrial facilities, school districts, and retail stores.
- Eastern Refrigeration specializes in the sales, service, and installation of commercial refrigeration systems in Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts.
- Legacy Air is a reliable, affordable full-service provider of HVAC, refrigeration, kitchen equipment service and repair for a variety of small box and restaurant customers across the western United States.
- Richmond Refrigeration provides refrigeration and air conditioning service, 24/7 emergency service across Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina and West Virginia.
- Ron’s Refrigeration and Air Conditioning offers service solutions at the local level to meet our customer’s refrigeration, HVAC and food service equipment repair and maintenance needs across the state of Wisconsin.
- Refrigeration Solutions LLC (RSI) offers its refrigeration customers quality, exceptional service, and overall excellence throughout northern California.
- Source Refrigeration is a market-leader in the design, installation, repair & maintenance, sustainability and optimization of mission critical refrigeration & HVAC systems.
- Service Refrigeration Company, founded in 1986, has grown steadily over the past 26 years to service large and small customers in regions across Texas, Louisiana and Oklahoma.
- Tech Mechanical is Southeast Michigan’s leading commercial and industrial heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC/R) company.
We are continually looking to expand the CoolSys family with refrigeration and/or HVAC companies that fit the following criteria:
- Proven track record of solid financial performance
- A strong brand and a market leadership position in the markets you serve
- Strong leadership and management team
- Strong customer relationships
- A culture that values the importance of each and every employee
About Our Customers
CoolSys companies support the unique needs of our customers on a national, regional, and local level. Through the formation of CoolSys, our partner companies are able to offer all of their customers a high-level, best-in-class uniform experience, no matter where they are in the nation.
Our comprehensive education and solution approach, utilizing technical and sales experts in the field, guides customers through to the most cost-effective solution and ensures the smooth operation of their businesses.
Customer Segments Served:
- Grocery Retail
- Convenience Stores
- Light Commercial
- Light Industrial
- Cold Storage & Warehousing
About Our Employees
The strength of CoolSys and its operating companies is in its employees; the technicians, sales, and operations personnel who make it all happen. Our employees are some of the most highly educated and trained in the industry and for this and other reasons, they are our core strength. By bringing solution-oriented problem solving to every facet of their work and critical customer interactions, our employees bring the best of CoolSys directly to our customers. This is why it’s critical we support our employees at the highest level.
This means we focus on hiring the right people and significantly invest in employee training & development. Our success depends on it. As we continue to aggressively grow within our current markets and expand into new ones, the need to expand our team with qualified people is even more vital.
CoolSys and its operating companies offer the opportunity for a career in an environment where you can grow personally and professionally and rewards and recognition for your hard work.