CoolSys is the parent company of market-leading operating businesses that provide a full spectrum of best-in-class service experiences and solutions to the retail, commercial, and industrial refrigeration and HVAC industries.
The CoolSys corporate brand was developed to unite a growing family of refrigeration & HVAC operating brands into one family while providing strategic guidance and leadership, ensuring that collectively, the CoolSys operating brands are providing great value and a best-in-class experience to each of their customers.
CoolSys operating brands have long, extensive histories of serving customers in the commercial refrigeration & HVAC industry with some having roots in the industry for more than half a century. Collectively, our operating brands have over 150 years of industry experience.
The CoolSys leadership team consists of experienced and successful senior executives, each who have proven track records with market-leading, customer-centric businesses.
Anesa Chaibi – Chief Executive Officer
Ms. Chaibi is a seasoned leader with more than 30 years of operating experience at high-quality organizations. She has successfully scaled multiple businesses for both public and private companies. Notably, Ms. Chaibi served as President and CEO of HD Supply Facilities Maintenance, a leading maintenance, repair, and operations solutions provider to multifamily, hospitality, healthcare, and institutional property owners and managers, from 2005 to 2015. While at HD Supply Facilities Maintenance, Ms. Chaibi and her team transformed the business and grew revenue and EBITDA from approximately $840 million and $90 million, respectively, to $2.5 billion and nearly $500 million, respectively, over the span of a decade. Ms. Chaibi was CEO of Optimas Solutions, a leading global industrial distributor and service provider specializing in fastening and supply chain solutions, and most recently served as an Industry Advisor to private equity firm Warburg Pincus. She began her career at General Electric, where she held leadership positions across several business segments.
Burton Hong – Executive Vice President, Secretary and General Counsel (Registered In-House Counsel in California)
Burton (“Burt”) Hong joins us as our first General Counsel and Executive Vice President. For the past 9 years, Burt has been the General Counsel for Park Energy Group, which owns several companies that provide construction services and products for safe, reliable projects and facilities all around the United States. Prior to that, Burt was a securities litigator in Texas and Washington D.C. at two major law firms working on high profile cases like the Enron collapse and other insider trading matters. Burt graduated from the Georgetown University Law Center in 2001 and from Rice University in 1996.
Mike Ochoa – Executive Vice President, Sales and Marketing
Mike is a Sales and Marketing executive with over 32 years of ever-increasing responsibility in a variety of industries. Prior to CoolSys, Mike served over 6 years on the executive team at Source after holding the position of Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Master Halco, North America’s leading fencing products company. Mike also spent 10 years in Sales and Marketing leadership positions with The Toro Company, as well as Foamex International, Sunrise Medical, Inc., and Bausch & Lomb. He holds a BA in Economics and Accounting from Claremont McKenna College, and an MBA from the Peter Drucker School of Management at the Claremont Graduate University, both in Claremont, CA.
Anthony Tippins, PE – President, CoolSys Professional Solutions
Anthony Tippins was a Founding Partner and held the position of President and Chief Executive Officer of Axiom Energy Solutions, LLC which was acquired by Coolsys in April 2018. Mr. Tippins has over 26 years of experience of providing sophisticated, industry leading energy management and control solutions that include a full range of products, engineering, project management and complete turn-key installation services for the supermarket and retail industries worldwide.
Jay Parker – President, CoolSys Light Commercial Solutions
President and founder, Jay Parker, started his HVAC career as a teen in 1982 working for his family business, Parker and Sons, as a field technician and salesman in Sun City, Arizona. In 1992 he became the General Manger, a position he held until March of 1996. In 1999, Jay started his own company called Legacy Air, working mostly for family and friends. In a broken down, faded brown van with no air-conditioning, Jay hit the streets of Phoenix early every day, handing out business cards and calling on prospective customers. Hard work and determination prevailed and after some time, he reached out and landed business with several multi-site customers. Through calculated risks, great customers and loyal employees, Jay grew the Legacy business into a market-leading and nationally recognized HVAC and refrigeration service company that now covers 12 western states, including Hawaii and Alaska, and is still growing. Jay and Legacy joined the CoolSys family of companies in 2017.
Bryan Beitler – Vice President, Engineering
Bryan Beitler’s career includes 37+ years of experience in refrigeration and HVAC design, sales, energy, and operations support for businesses focused on grocery retail, cold storage, process refrigeration, and other mission-critical systems. His experience is highly technical, managing engineering services and manufacturing of refrigeration equipment, providing direct sales support to select customers, as well as operations and Energy Optimization Services support. He holds a degree in Engineering Technology with emphasis on refrigeration and HVAC from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, Calif.
About Our Brands
CoolSys and our operating companies combine nearly 150 years of superior service to cover every stage of mission-critical refrigeration and HVAC Systems. Together we serve customers across the nation with some of the most highly trained technicians, sales, and operations personnel. Discover our top-notch companies and what they bring to the CoolSys team.
THE COOLSYS FAMILY OF OPERATING COMPANIES
- ABC Refrigeration & HVAC provides fabrication, installation, service & maintenance of mission-critical refrigeration and HVAC systems for commercial customers in 8 states across the Northeast.
- Agape HVAC, Refrigeration and Plumbing (Officially changed its name to CoolSys Light Commercial Solutions, LLC.) offers a wide range of services to benefit your unique business needs and provide high efficiency solutions that offer high optimum levels of performance from your building’s systems.
- Arjae HVAC and Mechanical Services (Officially changed its name to CoolSys Commercial & Industrial Solutions, Inc.) specializes in HVAC installation, service & maintenance, and the full-service fabrication of aluminum, galvanized steel, stainless steel, carbon steel and copper for a broad range of commercial and industrial projects.
- BRR Refrigeration is a commercial refrigeration and HVAC contractor focusing mainly on service and installation of supermarkets, convenience store refrigeration, and cold storage facilities.
- Building Air Services (BAS) offers a central dispatch that stands by ready to serve with friendly professionals equipped with the latest in GPS truck-tracking and wireless/paperless communications to bring you state-of-the-art service with all the efficiencies and economies demanded in today’s world.
- Carolina Refrigeration Services is headquartered in Lexington, SC and is a Licensed Refrigeration, HVAC company specializing in Commercial, Industrial and Supermarket Refrigeration service.
- C.E. Holt Refrigeration specializes in service, installation, and light electrical work in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia.
- Certified Refrigeration & Mechanical (CRM) offers service solutions at the local level to meet our customer’s refrigeration, HVAC and food service equipment repair and maintenance needs across the state of Wisconsin.
- CoolSys Energy Design is a market-leading consulting engineering firm providing single-source MEPR engineering analysis and design for both new and existing building remodels.
- CoolSys Energy Solutions specializes in the full-spectrum of energy optimization services for high-usage commercial clients, such as supermarkets, data supercenters, light industrial facilities, school districts, and retail stores.
- Duquette Refrigeration offers HVACR Service and installations for supermarkets, convenience stores, refrigerated warehouses, manufacturing, commercial office and retail customers.
- Eastern Refrigeration specializes in the sales, service, and installation of commercial refrigeration systems in Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts.
- Legacy Air (Officially changed its name to CoolSys Light Commercial Solutions, LLC.) is a reliable, affordable full-service provider of HVAC, refrigeration, kitchen equipment service and repair for a variety of small box and restaurant customers across the western United States.
- Richmond Refrigeration provides refrigeration and air conditioning service, 24/7 emergency service across Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina and West Virginia.
- Ron’s Refrigeration and Air Conditioning offers service solutions at the local level to meet our customer’s refrigeration, HVAC and food service equipment repair and maintenance needs across the state of Wisconsin.
- Refrigeration Solutions LLC (RSI) offers its refrigeration customers quality, exceptional service, and overall excellence throughout northern California.
- Source Refrigeration (Officially changed its name to CoolSys Commercial & Industrial Solutions, Inc.) is a market-leader in the design, installation, repair & maintenance, sustainability and optimization of mission critical refrigeration & HVAC systems.
- Service Refrigeration Company, (Officially changed its name to CoolSys Commercial & Industrial Solutions, Inc.) founded in 1986, has grown steadily over the past 26 years to service large and small customers in regions across Texas, Louisiana and Oklahoma.
- T&O Refrigeration is one of the largest and most successful independently owned refrigeration contracting companies in the Southeast.
- Tech Mechanical is Southeast Michigan’s leading commercial and industrial heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC/R) company.
- Triangle Refrigeration offers fast, reliable commercial HVAC and heating and air conditioning repair service in Lancaster and Harrisburg, PA and surrounding areas.
- TRS-SESCO: TRS is the leading HVAC and plumbing solutions provider in the Southeastern United States and SESCO® specializes in engineering and packaging HVAC equipment & systems, Certified Energy Management (CEM), and commissioning.
We are continually looking to expand the CoolSys family with refrigeration and/or HVAC companies that fit the following criteria:
- Proven track record of solid financial performance
- A strong brand and a market leadership position in the markets you serve
- Strong leadership and management team
- Strong customer relationships
- A culture that values the importance of each and every employee
About Our Customers
CoolSys companies support the unique needs of our customers on a national, regional, and local level. Through the formation of CoolSys, our partner companies are able to offer all of their customers a high-level, best-in-class uniform experience, no matter where they are in the nation.
Our comprehensive education and solution approach, utilizing technical and sales experts in the field, guides customers through to the most cost-effective solution and ensures the smooth operation of their businesses.
Customer Segments Served:
- Grocery Retail
- Convenience Stores
- Light Commercial
- Light Industrial
- Cold Storage & Warehousing
About Our Employees
The strength of CoolSys and its operating companies is in its employees; the technicians, sales, and operations personnel who make it all happen. Our employees are some of the most highly educated and trained in the industry and for this and other reasons, they are our core strength. By bringing solution-oriented problem solving to every facet of their work and critical customer interactions, our employees bring the best of CoolSys directly to our customers. This is why it’s critical we support our employees at the highest level.
This means we focus on hiring the right people and significantly invest in employee training & development. Our success depends on it. As we continue to aggressively grow within our current markets and expand into new ones, the need to expand our team with qualified people is even more vital.
CoolSys and its operating companies offer the opportunity for a career in an environment where you can grow personally and professionally and rewards and recognition for your hard work.