A Renewed Focus on Technical Training
By Anesa Chaibi, CoolSys Chief Executive Officer
At CoolSys, a key priority this year is to fully invest in training. From our human resources executives to our training managers and field supervisors, we are all collaborating on building more robust training programs for our technicians. By ensuring that we can effectively train our new recruits, we can continue to increase their knowledge and skills. In parallel, our current team of technicians will have access to in-person classes and online training to develop their skills and work towards promotions to the next level. We’ll be releasing more details on our new training programs later this year. In the meantime, we are excited to make the following resources available:
- Field Training: We will have experienced Technicians travel to different branches and perform classes on customer-specific needs, Refrigeration, EMS, HVAC, etc.
- Ask the Pro Video Series: This is a series of training videos that will be sent out every other week, ranging from manufacturer-specific interviews that will cover new technologies coming out, how-to videos, checking Superheat, diagnosis of evac systems, performing a non-condensable test, and other tasks.
- CoolSys Mentorship Program: This will be an extensive one-on-one training for 90 days riding along with a skilled technician, setting goals. We will start with Safety, then move to HVAC, to Basic refrigeration, to Self-Contained and Case Controller Systems, and then working their way back to Rack Refrigeration.
- CoolSys Academy: a SharePoint site that will be shared on CoolNet, that will house CoolSys TV and a complete library of Ask the Pros videos.
- CoolSys Field Reference: Links to CoolSys field reference files such as refrigerant controls, PM sheets, etc.
- CoolSys Tech Library: A library of Ask the Pros Tips videos will be made available. The total Resource Files would contain all Refrigeration, HVAC, EMS Manuals, and Bulletins – which will also be searchable.
- CoolSys Trainer Portal: This is where old Tek Tips files, CoolSys Tek Manuals, and Field Evaluations can be found.
- ECMC Online Training: We will continue to offer online training.
At CoolSys, technician training remains a top priority.