Back to School: Has Your HVAC Been Upgraded to Protect Against Viruses?
COVID-19 is making the reopening of school facilities in 2020 like no other time in recent history. With strong evidence that the virus spreads through the air, facilities managers in schools throughout the United States are facing some of the most challenging decisions of their career:
- How should I prepare my HVAC systems for reopening amid the ongoing pandemic?
- How can I provide the safest possible indoor air quality for students, teachers and other employees?
- What is my current HVAC setup missing that may put it at risk for spreading the virus?
The CDC and ASHRAE have created helpful guidance and checklists for school reopening. But even with these guidelines, HVAC professionals at schools of all levels—from preschools to colleges and universities—have many decisions to make to ensure they are safeguarding the health of the people who will spend hours every day inside their buildings.
CoolSys Can Help!
As the nation’s leading company for HVAC installation and repair, CoolSys offers total solutions for creating systems that meet and exceed the standards of COVID-19 protection. Working throughout the U.S., our team of 1,900 trained technicians have the skills and resources to assess the health of HVAC systems and improve indoor air quality with a range of upgrade options, including:
- UV-C lighting—Specialized ultraviolet lights inside and/or outside HVAC ductwork neutralize viruses.
- Air ionization—Enhanced oxygen molecules make microscopic particulates like viruses large enough to be trapped in filters.
- Air filtration (MERV and HEPA)—Removes a very large percentage of particulates in the air, including some viruses.
- High ventilation—Mixes in a higher than normal amount of fresh, outdoor air to improve indoor air quality.
- Humidity control—Helps to limit the spread of viruses and improve the body’s natural defenses.
Now more than ever before, school leadership, students and staff are looking to facilities managers to make sure the air they’re breathing is safe and healthy. Learn more about how CoolSys can help you provide the safest possible environment for the people who are depending on you. Multi-location discounts are available.