Anesa’s Employee Memorandum
Safety Is Everyone’s Job
Team CoolSys, I would like to highlight safety this month and how important it is for each and every one of our employees to stay safe on the job. EHS Director Michael Lyman and I had the privilege of meeting with our CLC West Anaheim team to thank them and celebrate one year of being injury/incident-free.
I also want to acknowledge the following branches for being one-year injury/incident-free in 2021: CLC Illinois 1121, CLC Iowa 1133, CLC Minot 1127, CLC Missouri 1134, CLC Nebraska 1125, BAS Alabama 1035, BAS Georgia 1020, BAS Tennessee 1016, BAS East Florida 1015, BAS Louisiana 1065, LEG Hawaii 1150, LEG Idaho 1153, LEG Los Angeles 1101, LEG New Mexico 1141, LEG Reno 1104, LEG Utah 1152, TWF 221, BOI 225, Richmond Install 1400, RSI Install 685, AUS 354, TAM 392, TM Service 882, CO 160, WA/OR 423, PHX 331, ELP 338 and SAN 560. GREAT JOB and THANK YOU!
The Nuts and Bolts of a Safe Work Environment
To reinforce the basics of commonsense safety, below are some examples to consider:
- Bring any unsafe conditions to the attention of your supervisor or customer.
- Be aware of your surroundings and ensure that you remove safety hazards before you begin work.
- Use your tools appropriately for the job at hand and in the manner they are intended to be used.
- Get help and use mechanical assistance when carrying or lifting heavy equipment.
- Stay alert on the job and when driving. Distracted driving is dangerous!
- Wear the right personal protective equipment (PPE). Don’t just carry it with you and not use it.
- For those in office environments, sit with proper posture while working at your desk.
As a company, we need to do a better job of ensuring that we all stay safe as we serve our customers as One Team, living our SERVICE values. The cost of injury prevention is far less than the cost of an injury. More important, the cost to you is just not worth it — so don’t take shortcuts with your safety. We want CoolSys employees to thrive in a safe, healthy, respectful and caring environment.
Safety needs to be at the top of everyone’s mind each and every day. There is nothing worth getting hurt over at work. We want all employees to go home the way they came to work at one of our locations or at a customer site. Thanks for all you do! STAY SAFE, EVERYONE!