Anesa’s Employee Memorandum — July 2022
This month I want to highlight YOU, our one-of-a-kind, best-in-the-business team. For our customers throughout the country, you are the face of CoolSys. To them, YOU are CoolSys, and without your dedication to customer service and professional excellence, this company couldn’t exist.
To say we’re grateful for who you are and what you do, every day, would be an understatement. Many of you have dedicated all or most of your career to a CoolSys company. I think of John Hall, an install manager at Richmond Refrigeration in the Mid-Atlantic states, who has been with the company since 1978 — 44 years. Neil Barrett, a field tech at Tech Mechanical in Michigan has served his customers for 35 years. There are many more examples, of course, of CoolSys team members with 20, 25, 30 or more years of service.
A lot of you are at the other end of the spectrum, just getting started in HVAC-R. For you, and for everyone at CoolSys, we are working hard to create the kind of company you want to work for in the long term. We are investing time, money and other resources into providing the education, training and ongoing support you want and need to serve your customers and advance in your career. We have a number of initiatives set to launch or refresh/relaunch in the fourth quarter of this year, including:
- In-person technician training — We are setting up training centers in Wisconsin, Florida, Texas and California and will be offering our first round of courses in service, install and construction this coming fall and winter. These courses are for tech levels 3 through 6 who have been with CoolSys for at least a year and are looking to advance in their career.
- Online training — We are excited to offer a completely redesigned online training program for tech levels 2 through 6 who have been employed at CoolSys for at least six months. We’ll be offering fall and winter sessions this year, with each course lasting six to eight weeks. You’ll be supported in the program by a mentor, who will keep in touch with you and track your training progress.
- CoolSys Academy — When it debuts later this year, the Academy will be a one-stop source for learning opportunities for all CoolSys employees. Among its features, the online resource will include a link to the CoolSys technical training portal and access to a massive technical library to help our techs troubleshoot issues in the field.
- 24/7 technician support line — Working in tandem with CoolSys Academy, this support line will enable techs to “Ask the Pros” with real-time calls to highly skilled, senior-level technicians, who can assist with troubleshooting while the tech is in the field.
- Leadership training — Also coming this fall, our leadership training program will help to lay the foundation for CoolSys team members who want to advance even further in their careers with our company. If you’re one of those people, you can take inspiration in our own Steve Cook, who started as a tech and is now senior vice president of CoolSys Commercial and Industrial Solutions.
Each month in CoolTimes, I’ve spoken about the value of One Team and our dedication to the ideals of SERVICE — Success, Execution, Results, Voice, Integrity, Collaboration and Exceed. Ultimately, those are just words without YOU. It takes all of you, all of US, to give power to those ideas and to raise CoolSys to level of nationwide success we know we can reach. Thank you for all you do to move us closer to that goal every day.