Anesa’s Employee Memorandum
Team CoolSys, this month I want to highlight that as we work to ensure that everyone is working as One Team to support our Field Teams and specifically our Technicians, that a key priority for us this year is to fully invest in Training. Ann Miller, Chief Human Resources Officer, is working closely with Brett Wetzel, Manager of Technical Troubleshooting and Training, Hugh McGowan, Installation Field Supervisor and Mark Rotner, Regional Director Service, to build back a better training program for our Technicians. Work is taking place now to ensure that we can effectively train our new recruits so they can increase their knowledge and skills. In parallel, we are working to put back in place the ability for existing Technicians to get trained to develop their skills and work towards promotions to the next level by offering in-person classes in addition to online training. More on this to come in the next few months, but in the meantime, we are working on putting the following resources in place to assist until we have our overall Training programs formalized later this year:
- Field Trainers: We will have experienced Technicians travel to different branches and perform classes on customer-specific needs, Refrigeration, EMS, HVAC, etc.
- Ask the Pro: This is a series of training videos that will be sent out every other week, ranging from manufacturer specific interviews that will cover new technologies coming out, how-to videos, checking Superheat, diagnosis of evac systems, preforming a non-condensable test, and other tasks.
- CoolSys Mentorship Program: This will be an extensive one on one training for 90 days riding along with a skilled technician, setting goals. We will start with Safety, then move to HVAC, to Basic refrigeration, to Self-Contained and Case Controller Systems and then working their way back to Rack Refrigeration.
- CoolSys Academy: a SharePoint site that will be shared on CoolNet, that will house CoolSys TV which will contain the videos that Brett uploads to any Ask the Pros.
- CoolSys Field Reference: Links to any CoolSys files that are not managed by the training department, Example: Refrigerant Control, PM Sheets, etc.
- CoolSys Tech Library: A library of Ask the Pros Tips videos will be made available. The total Resource Files would contain all Refrigeration, HVAC, EMS Manuals and Bulletins – which will also be searchable.
- CoolSys Trainer Portal: This is where old Tek Tips files, CoolSys Tek Manuals and Field Evaluations can be found.
- ECMC Online Training: We will continue to offer online training
As you can see, we have quite a few resources for you to reference but if you need help, please reach out to Brett Wetzel and he can help guide you until we have new resources for you to access.
Technician Training Is Critical and a Priority. As always, thanks for all you do to serve our customers each day! We appreciate you and how you embody our SERVICE values!