You Can’t Rush Greatness
New Timeline for Rebranding
by Mike Ochoa, Executive Vice President, Sales and Marketing
We want to keep you in the loop on some changes to our rebranding plans. After careful consideration, we have decided to stagger our rebranding initiative so that not all the operating companies will be rebranding as CoolSys at the same time. Rest assured, we are still committed to our One CoolSys vision — in fact, more so than ever before! We are confident that by combining all our businesses under the CoolSys brand, our collective strength is magnified and we can serve our customers even better.
Here’s an updated timeline:
- January 2020 – Kicking things off will be our foundational brands Source and Service Refrigeration. We’ll be ringing in the new year with Source and Service Refrigeration officially changing their names to CoolSys.
- May 2020 – Next up, will be CRM, Legacy and Ron’s. To ease the transition, we’ll have a little more time before they officially change their names to CoolSys on May 1, 2020.
- December 2020 – By the end of 2020 we will begin transitioning ABC, Arjae, Agape, Building Air Services and RSI company names to CoolSys. As our newest additions to the CoolSys family, we want to make sure that their employees, customers and suppliers get to know CoolSys a little better first.
This new, relaxed schedule will allow us ample time to communicate with our customers, vendors and suppliers and to perfect our new website. It also will enable us to make significant strides with our ERP project as we work towards migrating everyone to improved technology platforms and systems.
Pre-Launch Planning and Communication
As you can imagine there is a lot to change with a rebranding. And, not everything will change at once. For each company it may take 12-18 months before they fully transition everything over to the CoolSys brand. The marketing department has been preparing for the rebranding for months already, and we’ll be leading the charge with communication to customers and suppliers and we’ll also be sure to keep employees informed every step of the way.
Here’s what you can expect in the coming months:
- Email to customers, vendors and suppliers informing them of the upcoming rebranding
- Meetings of brand ambassadors and work groups to help with the transition locally and get input on rebranding of big-ticket items like uniforms, vehicles and facility signage
- Updating licenses, contracts and other legal documents
- The CoolSys name on your paychecks
- Scripting for call center and sales team
- Introduce new brand/graphic standards and design templates for things like email signatures, sales materials and PowerPoint presentations
- Launch of new website (May 1, 2020 target date)
- Press release announcing the rebranding
- Launch of advertising campaign
- Begin phasing out old brand materials and transitioning to the new logo
Thank you for joining us on this brand journey. We are excited about our plans and the boundless opportunities this introduces for our companies and employees.