Beth Goldstein, our Chief Human Resources Officer, has been regularly updating you, providing facts and resources about COVID-19, and we’d like to take this opportunity to recap what she has shared.
Rest assured that CoolSys is regularly monitoring and adhering to the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), so we can keep our people safe.
To further protect the health and well-being of our employees and our customers, CoolSys is taking the following additional precautions:
- Implementing a temporary procedure for completing work orders. Technicians, effective immediately, you do not need to obtain customer e-signatures on your hand-held/mobile devices when completing work orders. In lieu of the customer approving work orders via e-signatures, please enter the first and last name of the appropriate customer approver on the signature line of your mobile device while in the presence of the approver.
- Purchasing additional gloves so technicians can protect themselves while performing their work.
- Implementing work-from-home arrangements for employees whose jobs will accommodate that option.
- Closely watching the policies our customers are implementing to make sure they are in your best interest too.
- Postponing or cancelling training classes and participation in large events and conferences.
- Updating our health plans to cover the testing for the COVID-19 virus at no charge. Note – If you don’t have medical coverage and are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 and need to be tested, please contact your human resources representative.
- Encouraging employees to use video or telephone conference calls to replace in-person meetings, and to maintain a reasonable distance from others, whenever possible.
As the nation focuses on minimizing the spread of the virus, remember to follow the CDC’s preventative guidance for protecting yourself and your family:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds frequently, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water is not available, make sure you have hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol handy. And remember, washing hands is best.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Routinely clean all frequently touched surfaces in the workplace, such as steering wheels, workstations, countertops, doorknobs and shared equipment.
- If you do not have these supplies handy, please purchase them asap. CoolSys will reimburse you for the cost.
- Avoid all non-essential travel.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and put distance between yourself and other people, when possible.
Please notify your supervisor and stay home if you’re sick. Employees who have symptoms of acute respiratory illness are asked to stay home and not come to work until they are free of fever (100.4° F [37.8° C] or greater using an oral thermometer), signs of a fever, and any other symptoms for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines (e.g. cough suppressants).
Your health and well-being is of the highest importance to us and we will continue updating you on a regular basis, so please keep a lookout for more updates from Beth in the coming days. In the meantime, don’t forget that your human resources representative and your supervisor are also available to help answer questions you might have.