Make Thanksgiving 2020 Special for Your Whole Family
Over the river and through the woods, to grandmother’s house, we go …
Not so fast! You may love grandma’s green bean casserole with the crunchy onions on top, but she’s not going to love the side of coronavirus you may unintentionally bring to Thanksgiving dinner this year. Although you may not be able to have the traditional big family gathering, there are many ways to make this Thanksgiving special and memorable.
Celebrate a virtual Thanksgiving. Gather with family and friends via Zoom, Facebook Messenger or other videoconferencing technology.
- As you gather to eat, ask each person to share something they are thankful for. Turn this challenging year for Thanksgiving into a positive one!
- Have a fun, visual competition, such as a cookie decorating Judge how the cookies look, not how they taste.
- Cook together via Zoom, and share recipes as you cook. Or watch TV together and comment via Zoom or text. Share funny memes about the conversation you’re having.
Stick to your immediate family. Even if you’re unable to spend the holiday with your extended family, you can still make it special and memorable for the people you live with.
- Make the whole day about your family. Since you likely won’t be cooking as much, concentrate on making this Thanksgiving truly special for everyone in your house.
- Start a new tradition. Write or draw on a white tablecloth. Work together on one dish the whole family can contribute to. Sit around the table and write your family Christmas cards.
- Pick a movie or game everyone in the family can enjoy. Plan a special snack or Thanksgiving dessert to go with your activity.
The CDC and WebMD have more information on these suggestions, along with additional ideas and resources. No matter how you celebrate, please know that we are thankful for you — our wonderful CoolSys family! Best wishes for a warm and memorable Thanksgiving.