Make the Most of the Holidays and the Year Ahead
The holiday season is fun, exciting and memorable. It can also be frustrating, challenging, ,and hard — especially with Covid still in the picture. We’ve got some ideas to help you survive and thrive during the holidays and make 2022 your best year yet!
Don’t Let Covid Dampen Your Holiday Spirit
Experts agree that it’s best to avoid travel and large gatherings during the holidays again this year — especially with the recent arrival of the omicron variant of Covid. Here are ways to keep the mood merry while staying safe.
- Give– Doing something for someone else can help you feel better. Encourage your kids and family to pick a charity you can give to or buy a meal for someone in need.
- Decorate– A festive atmosphere goes a long way toward lifting spirits, so deck the halls, trim that tree and hang the mistletoe.
- Get creative– Try something different, such as a new recipe, a festive drink, or a fun activity you’ve always wanted to do.
- Embrace at-home traditions– The little things — baking cookies, singing carols, or decorating the house together —carry the fondest memories. Embrace simple holiday traditions at home.
- Take a walk – Enjoy the lights in your neighborhood during an after-dinner stroll.
- Check in on loved ones –Call your family, friends, and neighbors to let them know you’re thinking of them. Share photos, send gifts, or mail a holiday card with a personal handwritten message.
- Look forward to the future – Start planning for a family trip, a fun activity, or other things you want to do in 2022.
Give the Gift of Health and Safety
Please remember: Being safe is the best gift you can give. Wear masks, practice social distancing and wash or sanitize your hands often.
Celebrating with people in your own household is the safest way to enjoy the season. If you’re gathering with others outside of your immediate household, be sure to talk with them in advance about quarantining, their individual safety needs, and risk tolerances. Not everyone has the same definition of “being careful.”
Best wishes to you and yours for a happy, safe and healthy holiday — and a bright and successful new year!