Open Enrollment is Coming Soon
It’s almost open enrollment time for CoolSys employees. This is the time of the year when you can make changes to your CoolSys insurance benefits for the upcoming 2020 year. Keep an eye out for your Benefits Guide that will be mailed to your home address and should arrive before Monday, November 4, 2019.
Open enrollment is between Monday, November 4, 2019, and Monday, November 18, 2019. That means that you’ll have just two short weeks to review what’s new and make any changes to your plans.
To help give you a head start, here’s a sneak peek at what’s new and exciting for 2020:
- The Standard High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) with HSA – This is a new plan that has the same features of the current HDHP Plan, now renamed The Premium HDHP, with lower premiums and a higher deductible, including:
- Full access to the Anthem Blue Cross Network
- “In network” preventative services covered at 100 percent
- A Health Savings Account with a generous company contribution
- This new plan is an ideal option for those employees who want to keep their per- paycheck contributions as low as possible, but still want the benefit of the broad Anthem network and the tax-advantaged savings opportunity of a Health Savings Account.
- Prescription Coverage has improved for both HDHP plans. Once your deductible is met, you’ll pay a fixed copay for prescriptions rather than co-insurance, which is a percentage of the total cost of the prescription. The cost of co-insurance is unpredictable and often more expensive than a copay. Based on employee feedback, this change improves the quality of our plans and will help you reduce your out-of-pocket costs.
- Coverage levels have been improved on Short Term Disability and Voluntary Life Insurances.
- New Voluntary plans, like Pet Insurance, are now available.
At CoolSys, we are proud to provide our employees with a comprehensive benefits package and a variety of insurance options. For questions about open enrollment and changes to your benefits, feel free to reach out to your HR representative. Remember, open enrollment is only for a limited time, so lock in your 2020 health and insurance benefits by November 18, 2019!