Stay Safe on the Road and in the Parking Lot
For many of us, there are still a few weeks left in our long, hot summer. We truly appreciate all the hours you have put in this season, as well as your diligence in keeping safety top of mind. Organization-wide, Team CoolSys has done an exceptional job driving more safely this year. Well done, team!
As our minds and bodies get tired, it is easy to take shortcuts, so here are a few safe driving reminders to help you finish the summer months strong!
CoolSys parking policy. Pull-through parking is preferred. Otherwise, back into parking spaces. On a public street, park parallel to the curb. After you park, do a full walk-around of your vehicle (Circle of Safety). Conduct another Circle of Safety before you leave, then drive away promptly. Do not linger in your vehicle after conducting the walk-around.
CoolSys safe driving policy. Maintain four to six seconds of space between your vehicle and the vehicle in front of you to allow for proper reaction time.
Always practice the 5 points of driving:
- Look into the future — Choose the safest possible location.
- 360 degrees — Search for potential hazards.
- Eye movement — Scan instead of fixing your eyes on one point.
- Escape routes — Surround yourself with space.
- Make sure they see you — Seek eye contact with other drivers, and use warning devices, if needed.
Our number-one priority is to make sure you arrive home to your loved ones safe and sound every day. So please stay aware and stay safe!