Why an Annual Physical Is Worth Your Time
Why Scheduling an Annual Physical is Worth Your Time
Whether we like it or not, our bodies change as we age. An annual physical is the best way to maintain your health. An annual physical with your doctor gives you a chance check in and talk with your doctor about your overall health. These exams can help you build a relationship with the doctor over time, which could help you get better care if problems come up later.
A big plus is your annual physical is considered preventative and there is no fee if you are in partnership with any of the CoolSys medical plans.
Making the most of your annual physical exam
Try to see the doctor early in the day, when he or she is not rushed.
Doctor visits can be very short, so it’s a good idea to come prepared. Before your visit, write down details such as:
- Your health history and your family’s health history. This is even more important if anything has changed since your last visit.
- All the medicines you take. Note how much and how often. Be sure to include vitamins and over-the-counter drugs.
- Any concerns you have about your health.
- How you eat — and how you could eat better
- How physically active you are — and whether you should be more active
- Any stress in your life or signs of depression
- Drinking, smoking and recreational drug use
- Safety measures such as wearing your seat belt while driving and protecting yourself from the sun
- Sexual habits and any risks they pose
- Tests and vaccines you may need
- Any new symptoms you have.
Your doctor should be ready for your visit too. He or she should know who you are and what you’ve talked about in the past. All it takes is a quick check of your chart before your visit. You deserve this type of personal care. And it’s vital to your health.
If you have question regarding your benefits, contact the CoolSys Benefits Center at 855-676-6857 or go to www.mycoolsysbenefits.com.