Spring Cleaning Your Workspace
Spring cleaning has been shown to improve productivity and mental well-being, as well as boosting workplace safety and organizational skills. We encourage all employees, both field technicians and office workers, to partake in this warming-of-weather tradition with us.
We’ve established a quick reference for field techs to easily spruce up their mobile “offices”:
- Take Inventory – Assess your vehicles mobile inventory; you can’t begin to organize without knowing what you have and what you’re missing.
- Equipment Maintenance – Ensure integrity and sound operation of all equipment, including but not limited to: Ladders, gas and battery powered devices and manual tools. Flush and replace oil from applicable power tools.
- Classic Cleaning – Eating on the go is unavoidable when your office is your vehicle, and is inevitably messy on occasion. Consider vacuuming and brushing rugs and other surfaces.
- Vehicle maintenance – Spring weather is ideal for performing a checkup of your vehicle, ensure that fluids are all topped off and there are no mechanical issues with your engine.
- Organize! –Consider a cab organizer or some other sealing multi-compartment storage container for an easy solution.
We couldn’t forget our office workers. Spring cleaning is just as important for office staff, if not more so. There’s plenty to be done to improve your workplace this season…
- Digital Cleanup – This includes your desktop, your inbox, all those misplaced files and folders that you somehow recall their placement.
- Supplies – This is an excellent time to restock any supplies you may need to keep at your desk.
- Sanitize – Your phone, your keyboard and all surfaces. Rid your desk of the bacteria from this year’s flu season!
- Organize! – Everyone can benefit from organization, especially a messy desk or file cabinet.
We hope you’ll join us in ringing in the change of seasons with some productive spring cleaning.