Your Opinion Makes a Difference
Thank you, Team CoolSys, for your feedback on the Employee Engagement Survey!
Our vision is to be a company where employees like you can find rewarding work that enables you to prosper and grow throughout your career. You likely took part in our Employee Engagement Survey in mid-March—which seems like a very long time ago! Based on your feedback, we can make informed improvements and investments that mean the most to you.
The survey measured 44 items on a five-point scale, along with two open-ended questions. We are happy to report that, of the 2,398 employees who were invited to participate in the survey, 1,645 responded. That’s a 69% response rate—a great outcome!
We promised to share results with you and, after a COVID-19-related delay, we’re able to do so now. Employee engagement scores at CoolSys are high—well above what is typically seen at other organizations. Here are the survey items with the highest scores:
- 90% of respondents feel their immediate supervisor/manager treats them with respect.
- 89% say “I am motivated to perform to the best of my ability.”
- 87% say “My work gives me a feeling of personal accomplishment.”
- 87% are proud to work for a CoolSys company.
- 85% say “My job makes good use of my skills and abilities.”
- 83% are extremely satisfied with the company as a place to work.
We also appreciate and value the opportunities for improvement you suggested through your responses. The following items had the lowest scores and we will work to improve your experience in these areas:
- 58% of respondents understand how their compensation is determined.
- 62% regularly receive appropriate recognition when they do a good job.
- 65% feel there is open, two-way communication in their work group and feel informed about upcoming changes in time to prepare for them.
- 69% believe that senior leadership of CoolSys has communicated a vision of the future that motivates them, and they see a clear link between their work and the CoolSys vision.
- 70% of respondents are able to manage work responsibilities in a way that allows them to maintain a healthy balance between work and home.
As a united company, we will focus on these opportunities for growth while maintaining our strengths. Branch-, function- and company-level results have been distributed to managers throughout CoolSys, and they are individually acting on their results. Stay tuned for more information in the next CoolTimes about what we’re doing to put the results of this survey into action.